Rummage through my stuff

Tuesday, May 7, 2013


Power Placement: #16
Power Rangers Ninja Storm.

Alright everyone I it’s time to get started. As stated I will go from my least favorite Power Rangers Title up to my favorite one...so that means we start with Power Rangers Ninja Storm. As I stated when I posted my list I will talk about the theme, the story, the costumes, the best ranger, the worst ranger, and why I did or did not like the title.  So lets ride the storm out with Power Rangers Ninja Storm. 

So what do I think about this theme song.....I really don’t care for it. Is it the worst theme....no. It has a good rock sound....but I am not a fan of the singing or the lyrics. The voices behind this song...just don’t exactly seem to care about what they are doing...and the writing just isn’t that good. However at least compared to some other themes it does at least fit the theme of the show. So that is a big plus.

Now onto the silliness that is Ninja Storms Story.....yeah this should be fun.  Evil Japanese Luchador Lothor comes from outer space to take over the world.......I want to hammer that silliness in....Lothor is a Japamese...dresses like a Luchador....and while born on Earth comes from space with evil ninja aliens he trained himself.  He decides to come and try to wipe out a secret ninja school that is taught by his twin brother (who is played by the same actor) who he hates. He manages to capture every ninja at the academy but 3, who are then made into the Wind Rangers.  So the hopes of the academy rest in the hands of the 3 worst students (At the time) Shane, Tori, and Dustin.  Thankfully they weren’t alone they had the Sensei....who was transformed into a Guinea Pig and his son Cam (Short for Cameron).  They will be joined but Blake and Hunter who were trained as Thunder Rangers by another academy (How many of these places are there?).  They were introduced as evil rangers (and made up one of the best stories in the series).  I guess Lothor said the Wind Rangers killed their parents (Lotor seems trust worth so I would believe that to.).  Later on they will be joined by Cam as the Green Samurai Ranger, but I will talk more about him later. However that is the basic story so I will leave it there and go on to the next topic.

So let’s move on to the Wind, Thunder, and Samurai costumes.  Which I actually like quite a bit. Having the primary ranger colors on the torso and legs on most of them and having the silver secondary color on the arms/legs (for Tori). I also like all the gold accents on the costumes. As for the Green Samurai Ranger his costume reminds me of Tommy’s Green Ranger outfit in MMPR. Okay now I am done with fashion....lets go on to the next section.

Who is my favorite ranger of Ninja Storm....Cam. I think this one is pretty easy of a choice. Cam is the strongest and the smartest of the bunch.  He has the coolest Zord as well as costume. He has the ability to switch to Super Samurai Mode where his helmet changed and he dropped his weighted vest making him stronger and faster. His wit, smarts, and skills in both fighting and computers made him a great character as well as all around great ranger. 

So now the question is who is my least favorite ranger....and it’s Shane and Tori. I am not the biggest fan of Dustin as a ranger but like him as a character. I didn’t like Shane because he was a pretty bland extreme teen. The same can be said about Tori...however she did have more personality then Shane...and was better looking. She had a couple good episodes about her, but was still pretty bland.  

Okay let’s wrap this up...why didn’t I like Ninja Storm. There are a couple reasons that I didn’t. First off I hate Lothor. He was a pathetic villain (A good fighter but pathetic none the less).  He was a lot like a male Rita. All he did was complain or yell about the people around him. He wasn’t very threatening or scary, and his whole motive seemed to be “I am mad at my brother.”  I have been mad at my sister before but I’ve never tried to take over the world from space because of that. The next thing is that the show didn’t take itself seriously at all. The bad guys were a joke, the rangers were a joke, and the head figure was a rodent. This is the first time the rangers didn’t know how to morph....and one of the series who denies the existence of Power Rangers as a whole...which unless Disney started off wanting their run by separating themselves from the series as a whole.  If not then it is very obvious that Power Rangers exist. Massive invasions of earth and the Rangers on the news should probably make that obvious. I didn’t like the characters that much as well. So all and all I hate this series which is why it is so low on my list. 

So yeah this isn’t a great series or even a good one. So this is why it is so low. Nothing really works here and it just doesn’t do anything for me. So okay thanks for reading I hope this doesn’t suck to much, and wait for the next entry on my list that might be tomorrow if I remember haha.   

Here is the link the the theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKT5u2wi4Ok

No comments:

Post a Comment